Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school district’s student achievement goals.
Criteron A: The teacher provides multiple forms of evidence of student learning and growth to students, families, and staff.
Artifact: The Grade Book
- Encompasses daily work, quizzes, unit assessments, and projects
- Keeps up-to-date records of student learning
- Informs students, parents, and teachers of current performance and achievement
Criteron B: The teacher implements strategies supporting student, building, and district goals.
Artifact: Lesson Plan
- Identifies content and language targets
- Incorporates Daily Writing and Formative Assessment initiatives for students.
- Implements differentiation throughout instruction with multiple instructional strategies: direct, read-aloud, partner work, and videos.
Criteron C: The teacher uses student performance data as a guide for decision making.
Artifact: Formative Assessment Scores
- Displays formative assessment scores of students
- Guides lesson moving forward with re-teaching some material and building onto some material
- Leads to working individually with certain students on specific terms and concepts
Criteron D: The teacher accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student.
Artifact: Accomodations and Modifications
- Displays accomodations and modifications made in a lesson to support all learners
- Prioritizes all learners strengths and weaknesses
- Supports those that need extra support with flexible grouping, individual check-ins, and extended time
Criteron E: The teacher creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport, and fairness.
Artifact: Student Survey
- Collects responses from all students, in all classes, once a quarter
- Creates a voice amongst students to gain their respect and rapport
- Gathers feedback inorder to adapt instructional methods or rules and guidelines for a better enviornment
Criteron F: The teacher participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student learning.
Artifact: Sophomore House Meeting Notes
- Consists of sophomore house teachers and administrator meeting once a week
- Consults student behavior and academic performance
- Constructs behavioral or academic plans for struggling students
- Praises positive behavior or academic performance of students
Criteron G: The teacher communicates with students, families, colleagues, and communities effectively and accurately.
Artifact: Student Email Conversation
- Utilizes technology such as email, infinite campus, canvas and the phone to track conversations and communication
- Allows communication with students, parents, co-workers, and community members efficiently
- Involves in other communication during parent-teacher conferences, instructional coaching, Professional Learning Communities, co-teaching, individual student conferences, and day to day teaching.